All the world’s great religions contain Messianic prophecies, which promise that God will one day send a Promised One whose teachings will unite all humanity.
The Promised One is called by different names by different religions. Jews look forward to a Prophet like Moses. Hindus look for the return of Krishna. Christians await the return of Christ. Muslims look for the appearance of Imam Mahdi as well as Christ. Buddhists await Buddha.
The fascinating aspect of all these prophecies is that they all seem to be pointing towards the same event.
All the major religions of the world have their own signs of Doomsday.
Muslims believe in messengers of God and prophets. They believe that the final message to man was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad. He is the last prophet sent by God. He is said to have foretold the following 72 signs that would appear nearing doomsday:
1. People will leave prayer.
2. People will usurp Amaanat.
3. Lying will become an art.
4. There will be murders on the slightest of disagreements.
5. Interest will become common.
6. There will be very tall buildings.
7. People will sell religion for the world.
8. People will treat relatives badly.
9. Justice will become a rarity.
10. Lies will be considered truth.
11. Clothes will be of silk.
12. Persecution will become common.
13. Divorces will become common.
14. Sudden deaths will increase.
15. The usurper of Amaanat will be considered honest and honorable.
16. The keeper of Amaanat will be called an usurper of things given to him for safekeeping.
17. Liars will be thought of as honest.
18. Honest people will be thought of as liars.
19. False accusations will become the norm.
20. It will be hot in spite of rain.
21. Instead of wishing for children, people will pray that they not have children.
22. People from bad backgrounds and with bad upbringing will live a life of luxury (material, not peaceful).
23. Good people, when they try to practice, will be cut off from the world.
24. Previously good people will also usurp Amaanat.
25. Leaders will become persecutors.
26. Ulema and Qaris will commit adultery.
27. People will wear clothes of animal skin.
28. But their hearts will smell and will be dead.
29. And will be bitter.
30. Gold will become common.
31. Demand for silver will increase.
32. Sin will increase.
33. Peace will become rare.
34. Words(Ayats) from the Quran will be decorated and calligraphy will become.
35. Mosques will be decorated.
36. And will have tall Minars.
37. But hearts will be empty.
38. Alcoholic drinks will be consumed.
39. Punishments ordered by the Shariah will be revoked and will no longer be implemented.
40. Women will order their mother around.
41. People who are with naked feet, naked bodies and against religion will become kings.
42. Women will trade along with men.
43. Women will imitate men.
44. Men will imitate women.
45. People will swear by things other than Allah and the Quran.
46. Even Muslims will be prepared to give false testimony, without being incited to it.
47. Only people one knows will be greeted with the salaam.
48. The knowledge of the Shariah will be used to earn worldly things.
49. Acts, which earn the Akhirah, will be used to earn the world.
50. Assets belonging to the nation will be considered and treated as personal treasures by the rulers.
51. Amaanat will be considered ones personal asset.
52. Zakaat will be considered as a penalty.
53. The lowest and the worst man in the nation will become its leader.
54. People will not obey their fathers.
55. And will mistreat their mothers.
56. And will not hold back from harming their friends.
57. And will obey their wives.
58. And the voices of the men who commit adultery will be raised in mosques.
59. Women who sing will be treated with great deference.
60. Instruments of music will be kept with great care.
61. Alcohol will be drunk on the highways.
62. People will be proud of their acts of persecution.
63. Justice will be sold in the courts.
64. The number of men in the police force will increase.
65. Instead of music, the Quran will be used to gain pleasure for its tune and style (Qirat), not for what it preaches, its meaning or for rewards in the Akhirah.
66. Animal fur will be used.
67. The last of the Ummat will curse those before them (clearly seen today in people who call the Prophets companions names).
68. Either Allah will send a Red Storm upon you.
69. Or Earthquakes.
70. Or your faces will be changed.
71. Or a rain of rocks from the skies. Asteroids? Meteors.
72. Lies will become a habit of the rulers and the rich.
Prophet Muhammad also said:
1. Alcohol will be called Sherbat and will be considered Halal.
2. Interest will be called Trade and will be considered Halal.
3. Brides will be called Gifts and will be considered Halal.
4. Women will be naked in spite of wearing dresses.
According to the Bible, there are twenty-one signs of Doomsday:
1. Israel, the fig tree, is budding and the generation that sees it shall not pass till all is fulfilled.
2. The son of perdition, the return of Jesus for his church, and rebuilding of the temple.
3. The red heifer.
4. Cohen and Levi.
5. The world awaits someone.
6. Transgressors are come to the full.
7. Neighbor oppressing neighbor.
8. Evil becomes good and good becomes evil.
9. As it was in the days of Noah.
10 Men shall be lovers of their own selves.
11. A famine for the word of God.
12. Many shall run to and fro.
13. Knowledge shall be increased.
14. One world government.
15. The Antichrist to rule the world.
16. One world religious system.
17. The mark of the beast.
18. All nations gather against Israel.
19. Ferocious battle kills two thirds of Israelites.
20. Half of Jerusalem is taken, and one third of the remaining Jews are holed up in the other half of Jerusalem.
21. Jesus Christ returns and the Mount of Olives splits in two for the battle of Armageddon.
These signs were said to have been given in the historical books of the Hebrews, and depict the fifteen days before doom:
1. All the water from the earth, including the seas will rice up to the clouds, above the mountains, so that the cry of the seals, the yelling of the sea-monsters and the roar of the whales will be on the dry strands after the water leaves them.
2. The huge noise of the water falling down again the next day into their proper places will be heard, so that it goes deep into the earth; and nobody knows where.
3. All the water will freeze in its place and become hard, and armies will march on this.
4. The sea-animals of the earth will rise up into the clouds, and will cry and clamour continuously for fear of the Day of Doom. None other but God will understand what they are saying.
5. All the birds on the earth will move continuously, without resting, and without eating any food or drinking anything.
6. Great rivers, with fiery and rough waves, will flow out of the firmament from sunrise to sunset.
7. A huge, scary, ugly and unbearable sound will be heard from the heaven, and there will be thunder with many lightnings. From the southern part of the sky, there will be seen a fiery red cloud rising and spreading all over all the earth, and crimson blood will pour from that cloud, and fill the earth – both the land and the sea. There will be huge fires over all parts of the globe, and the world will face a mighty earthquake with a huge spark rising from every part of the earth. The sea will also be ruthless on that day.
8. There will be an excessive tremor and all the creatures of the earth will be numb with fear. The waves of the sea will rise very high, and the ocean will be shaken from its very core with fiery winds. The thundering seas and the water against rivers of fire, with no pleasure, no music throughout the world will leave a sad and distressful feeling.
9. Each and every stone in this world, both small and big will break into four parts. These parts will talk to each other, and except for God, nobody else will understand their language. These stones will begin to tremble after losing their form. All the woods of the earth will be completely uprooted, after they have all broken on that day. Streams of sulphurous fire will rise from the earth so that the entire world is one single blaze of fire from sunrise to sunset.
10. All the stones and trees on the earth will be shedding blood. Rough winds will rise and the whole world will be shaken at once. All humans will be screaming, wailing, and crying, and pleading with the earth to open up for them, so that they do not have to witness all the evil. They would prefer to die rather than be alive at that moment. It is at that time that three hundred and sixty-five stars will fall on the earth. The mountains will fall and they will be on the same level as the ground.
11. Big thunders and the sound of four fiery winds from the four airts of heaven will make all the elements shrink and separate. Five thousand three hundred and sixty-five stars will fall on earth just as ripe fruits falling on a windy day. The moon will turn into the color of blood, the sun will grow dark, the mountains and all other structures will turn into ash. A horrendous screaming of the burning birds will be heard. Humans will face a sad, bitter, and heavy grief on that day. All mankind will kneel in front of God, praying for Him to save them from the fire of Doom.
12. All the lawless animals of the earth will have to leave their places, and be on the plains, howling and crying, with no food or clothing. Every person that has tasted life will die on that day and the whole world will be on fire and hail. Then the doors of the palace will open and the roar of the seven heavens will be heard at the coming of the Creator with His angels. The heaven’s angels will sing to the Creator to rescue them and the angels and the souls of the saints and the good people will be saved, so that the fire of Doom does not burn them.
13. All graves will open up and the dead will come out, and the world will be in grief, as there will be no place to live for the living or for the dead in this world.
14. All the living will die.
15. The final sign of the day before doom – The only Son of the King of heaven and earth and hell, with all the angels and archangels, in His company will go, on that day to the summit of Mount Zion to judge their deeds, both good and evil, for Adam’s impure children. Michael the Archangel will summon all the human beings to that great assembly. All the dead will arise; first, the apostles will arise, then the prophets and the confessors, the martyrs and the saints and the good people, then the virgins and penitents and in the end, baptized infants. The whole human race will be aged thirty on that day, with no one being older or younger. This is the age at which Adam was created and the age of Jesus when He was baptized. Then the King of Glory will arise with His final Cross on his shoulder in everybody’s presence. He will have traces of all the wounds of His Passion upon Him, so that all the incurable wounds and tortures, which they themselves inflicted upon Him, may be manifested to the Jews.
According to Kaala Jnaana written by the Hindu mystic, Veera Brahmam, Kali Yuga will last for 5000 years after Lord Krishna passes away, after which evil will spread throughout the world. Hindu legend states that at the end of kali yuga, Vishnu, the universal ruler will appear again under his form of the Kalki-avatara for doing away with the wicked and inaugurating a realm of righteousness and spirituality. This will be the Doomsday.
The signs of Doomsday are:
1. There will be a rain of fire. Following this a strange thing will happen. 20 feet tall humans will appear and claim to be Kalki. (this is in India).
2. A huge comet will be born in the south; several people will die due to this.
3. Mammary glands will be born to the males of Cow, Goat, etc. and people will get milk from them.
4. Tigers will disappear completely from the forests.
5. The Sun will appear like a green colored human being.
6. Moon will be seen on a new moon day.
7. Wealth will arrive from other countries to India and India will be very rich and powerful.
8. Stones will break and fly about like crows and eagles; Stone horses and chariots will start to run.
9. Blood and pus will flow out from stones.
10. It will rain blood.
Over the years, there have been many versions of these signs and you will find they differ when taken from different books, and this is one version of the signs of Doomsday in different religions.
Skeptics may find it interesting to know that even the laws of science support the fact that the world will come to an end. The second law of thermodynamics states that everything goes from order to disorder and eventually ends. It can be your body, house, earth’s magnetic field, extinction of species or the shrinking sun.
Whether all this is true or not and whether we choose to believe in all this or not, will depend entirely on each one of us. What we have reproduced here is just what has been written about in numerous books.