• Directory Journal

15 Most Beautiful Islands and Beaches: Photostream

by Anastasia on July 15, 2009 · 56 comments

in Photos, Travel, Uncategorized

When I think of summer, I think of vocation :) and when I start dreaming of vocation I see beautiful sunny islands, with golden beaches, tanned bodies, warm ocean water and a cocktail with mint. This sounds so delicious! Being inspired with these dreams I decided to make a photostream of the most beautiful islands I could found. I didn’t use any comparison lists to choose the best of them, I have just found about 35 or so islands loved by tourists, reviewed about 10 photos of each of them and have chosen those those that reminded me of the island in my dreams.

So if you’ve been on some other island that should be added to this list and have some “hot” photos let me know, and I’ll add it to our collection. So here we go!

Bora Bora, Polynesia

clifton2
Credits: Photos by Jayjay04 on Flickr

clifton3
Credits: Photos by Jayjay04 on Flickr

{ 54 comments… read them below or add one }

Norhidayati July 27, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Hi there…Nice pics…In Malaysia, there’s nice beaches too.. I had been to Pulau Sapi and Pulau Manukan at Sabah, Kota Kinabalu & not forgetting Pulau Redang in Terengganu….Is really beautiful….Hopefully I can send U my holidays pics of these amazing islands…

Idham Payne September 23, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Absolutely, Im from Australiaand I have been to Langkawi Island, It’s pretty amazing with the beautiful beach and the hot weather, people there are incredibly nice. I never forget that moments. Thank you Malaysia. ;)

Aboo July 30, 2009 at 8:55 pm

You seriously have a big void in this page , its called Andaman and nicobar islands , luckly i was born over there . Situated on the bay of bengal Sea (India) , A chain of 512 Islands ,called Vitamin Sea . Mostly known for Untouched and gorgeous beaches . Tourist Keep your distance , we would like to preserve atleast one of the heavens on the earth .

Melonie Dawn Boring September 27, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Adjectives, in the case of these photographs would be just redundant, as well as, injustice to the magnitude these landmarks reflect. So, I will take a different approach. First, I am a small town country girl who was baffled by the places seen that I had never heard of before. For example; Baros MaldivesLa Dique Island, Anse Source D’Argent beach, Seychelles to slap out a list. The ladder had the most uniquic rock formations, I could imagine the waves chiseling the forms. Zanzibar was another global site of wonder that I had never heard of and would have bet(if I was a betting lady) that was snow on the mountains. On the flip side, there were photographs that I just thought the camara work was machine and nature creating a canvas togeither. Those photos, well I will let the reader have fun and guess…one in the Hawaiis, one in Australia, and two in Tasmania. The lil huts in Bora Bora, Polynesia were whispering to me to come nustle in them with my love. And last, Smuggler’s Cove, British Virgin Island just felt like a second home. I do hope others enjoy this photo adventure as I have. ciao

ron May 3, 2013 at 5:46 am

nice poetic replies, truly worth these out of the world pictures

Ashveen October 11, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Hmmmm, am from mauritius and actually that one beach from mauritius is not a beautiful one, there are others far more beautiful ;)

Keshav April 5, 2011 at 5:54 am

yes i totally agree with you, there are better beaches!

Pieter November 6, 2009 at 9:44 am

I can’t believe you have missed out Aitutaki! It’s part of the group of islands that make up the Cook Islands, and it is simply ne of the most beautiful places on earth.

Google it and become a believer,
visit it and hunger to return forever.

ton December 28, 2009 at 8:28 am

the boracay of the philippines should be there! it’s the pearl of the pacific!

tuto May 22, 2010 at 10:21 am

Hrvatski otoci – Croatian Islands

Noclegi May 29, 2010 at 3:26 am

Wow awesome pictures… Mayby some day I could also go there… :/

maryam June 26, 2010 at 8:39 am

beautifuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul!thank u!

R. Senden July 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm

There are so many beautiful islands. But in my (perhaps subjective) opinion: I think Bora Bora ranks first. The pictures of that island are so amazing. It’s really paradise. I hope that I have the chance to go there at least once in my life time. Bora Bora then closely followed by amazing Tahiti, Maui and Seychelles. They are also amazing. Tobago, Mauritius and Puerto Rico are also great.

What interest me especially in this kind of islands is the combination of sand beaches, blue lagoons, coral reefs and rainforest. And the facts that you are almost alone there. You feel completely free.

It has everything that at the northern hemisphere you don’t have. Although in the European continent there are also still very beautiful places with forests and mountains, this is something completely different. That is what I like to experience.

This planet is so beautiful. there is yet so much to discover !
Gtz from the Netherlands

Anne August 10, 2010 at 5:16 am

where is Boracay here??it is one of the Philippines nicest beach…

indonesia tourism February 7, 2011 at 8:35 am

very nice places, visit indonesia.. you will get more beautifull place like beach, waterfall, island, forest, mount of grave and others..

wiwidsanusi March 25, 2011 at 9:27 am

Don’t you forget the beaches and island in Indonesia , the biggest archipelagos country in this planet? Indonesia has so many beautifull beaches and island… find in google about sanur beach, Kuta beach, senggigi beach, raja ampat and so many…I think the most beautifull island and beach in Indonesia

bayu stephan July 17, 2011 at 7:32 am

all is beautiful…..
i like it,someday am try to visited that’s place.minimum 1place,i get it….

Theresekt August 6, 2011 at 10:37 am

Aruba is NOT one of the most beautiful islands in the world….

Neil McMillan August 13, 2011 at 11:47 am

Man I cannot believe how you missed Sri Lanka!! Last year i was in Nilaweli, Sri Lanka and it became one of my top 5!! Just google “Nilaweli, Sri Lanka” or any other places from Sri Lanka, you will see what i mean

thess November 1, 2011 at 5:20 am

i would like to introduce our one of the best beaches in philippines ,if you visit philippines just search the name on the list i recommend below you will never regret but some of the island i recommend are not yet developed,and not commercialized there is no electricity only you and your partner is on the island but can arrange for the transportation boat to bring you there just google it.

Boracay
Palawan /Puerto prencesa
Pagudpud island ilocos norte
Cagbalete island
Bantayan island
Waniban island
Alaska beach davao oriental
San victor davao oriental
Camotes island
Quezon beach paticol sulu-( not recommended for foreigners this time)
Bagguan island
Pan de azucar island ilo ilo or agho island
sand bar bulubadiangan ilo ilo
sipadan island negros
calagaman island cebu
higatagan island
hinatuan enchanted rivers and island surigao amazing place to see
la januza island siargao
camiguin island
bolinao pangasinan
hermana mayor island
Barit island ( untoch island) apari
Mabaag island (untoch island) apari
Fuga island apari (the best)
Calaguas island ( good) untoch camarenez norte
Jomalig beach golden sand (quezon)
Amanpulo /pamalicanPalawan (the best)
Malimono beach
Apo island negros
Long beach
Tubatah reef
Saud beach
Caramuan island

Eleni December 1, 2011 at 5:50 am

Really great pictures and exotic places!..but the first one of Zanzibar…is not actually Zanzibar :S
It is Myrtos Beach in the island of Kefalonia in Greece, acknowledged as one of the most beautiful beaches of Greece..I’ve been there this summer, I took the same picture myself!

james ben January 20, 2012 at 1:49 am

My beautiful island home ,SEYCHELLES.there is no other!

Neeks January 21, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Hi

I really think you all need to see Bermuda the beaches there are really beautiful, I don’t know of any other Island that has pink sand.
So beautiful!!!!

Reuben February 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Great pictures. There are thousands of beautiful islands, everybody has a favorite. Maybe if you could make a list of 100 you could appease some of the others on here, lol.

cacacac February 13, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Blue Bay Beach, Kiwengwa – Zanzibar, picture is wrong, the picture is Greece Cephalonia

thess February 20, 2012 at 5:13 am

will my favorite beach is phi phi island and krabi Thailand koh hong lagoon is paradise!..

ttanttan March 18, 2012 at 3:34 am

You forgot Indonesia. Indonesia is a wonderful paradise with thousand of beautiful island and beaches! You should check Bali Island, Lombok Island, Bunaken Marine Park in Maluku, Biliton Island, Raja ampat in Papua, Pangandaran Beach, Parangtritis Beach, Komodo Island and many more.

alkve October 8, 2012 at 10:02 pm

well, you are right, the biggest archipelago in the world and has so many beautofu islands and beaches. just like sabang, bengkulu, lampung, anyer, banyuwangi, bali, derawan, bunaken, lombok, komodo, flores, maluku, bangka and belitong, papua, north maluku and so many more.

Imran April 10, 2012 at 9:21 am

Unbelievable Pic.

Tony April 26, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Lovely photos and places, but Corsica and Santorini should top that list.

Joe Hatch May 14, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Should include Madeira Island, Portugal.

Shainks June 9, 2012 at 7:05 am

Good Work…

Orchids July 16, 2012 at 4:11 am

The pearl of the pacific is French Polynesia.

Orchids July 16, 2012 at 4:24 am

The pearl of the Indian ocean is the Seychelles .

Furran July 21, 2012 at 3:19 am

Where’s Bali Island?

Ali August 22, 2012 at 5:32 am

Cocos island in costa rica is one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. Uninhibited and only accicible by 36 hour boat ride. The island has the largest population of hammerhead sharks surrounding it (legend is there’s treasure on the island too)

robert September 8, 2012 at 6:02 pm

By far the most beautiful Island in the world is Belle Island, in Detroit.. The views are fantastic! You don’t need an expensive ticket to get there either. Sorry, no hotels, but there are some decent motels within walking distance in the D. Food? OMG, try a coney Island. Entertainment? Well, sit tight and it comes to you…

Mathanso Mahung October 22, 2012 at 7:41 pm

cool….. GOD IS GREAT…!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alenta October 25, 2012 at 1:08 am

Wow……………………… it’s fantastic…. Seychelles is wonderful island in this world. It make me wanna go there to spend my summer holiday. One day,,,, i hope i can visit it as soon as possible.

whampoah November 10, 2012 at 11:50 pm

philippines has many undiscovered beautiful world class beaches not yet known around the world such as sibang cove and cababaan cove,daku beach at siargao trully world class,pagud pod,calaguas and many of them from luzon.visayas and mindanao region in the philippines, i add one of my favorite list the best beaches of the philippines.

Devoneco November 27, 2012 at 1:08 am

You missed out Sri Lanka – which has beautiful beaches, majestic mountains, lakes, rivers, water-falls, ancient sites and temples dating 2500 years, rain forests, tea plantations, wild-life reservations, cultural and traditional events – and many more interesting places that would interest a tourist.

sheila November 29, 2012 at 3:21 am

Fiji Island IS BEAUTIFUL ALSO
iv been there many times its very close to
new zealand and Australia !!
be sure to check it out
the movie “castaway ” with tom hanks
was made there on the castaway island

shael January 3, 2013 at 2:38 am

fiji is a place for holiday.people with BULA smile.

andika nuansyah January 9, 2013 at 5:46 am

R u kidding??

where Bali N Galapagos??

both of them are the beautiful island in the world..

1 bali
2 galapagos
3 hawaii
4 maldives

kostas January 17, 2013 at 12:46 pm

One the most beautiful is Rhodes come to see

kostas January 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm

one of the most beautiful islands is Rhodes come to see

slender January 22, 2013 at 5:01 am

philippine, Thailand, malaysia and Indonesia has many beautiful beaches

anibal February 21, 2013 at 1:45 am

nice pictures.i love beaches. I wish i go these places one day. thanks for posting.

brett March 27, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I rather to go Boracay…Fine and white beach…crystal blue sea and good bars…

Elena Anne April 11, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Great Job. I would suggest you to check the beaches in Greece too. Greece has about 13.500 km of coastline and many, many islands.

Ali August 18, 2013 at 6:18 am

Nice and natural beauty

raphael October 9, 2013 at 12:26 am

they are all nice paradise…just wish to be in one of them one day…you can add me on whatsapp people….+2348158741696

raphael October 9, 2013 at 12:33 am

”banana island” of nigeria should be included

Tiffany November 10, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Indonesia has so many beautiful beaches too…
Bali island is really beautiful, there are so many others islands…
Just look fot at Google, u’ll find that Indonesia is perfect place to visit with its beautiful view and beaches