• Directory Journal

The Magnificent Beauty of Nature’s Landscapes

by Anastasia on January 3, 2010 · 32 comments

in Nature, Photos, Travel, Wild Life

Isn’t it amazing how two or more places on this single Earth can be so incredibly different? Cliffs, deserts, oceans, meadows, mountains, and gently rolling hills — they couldn’t look more different, but each showcases a kind of beauty all its own. If you’re a fan of the handiwork of Mother Nature, and you’d like to get a glimpse of the diversity of the world, check out this photostream featuring gorgeous landscape photography.

landcape

laandscape

{ 31 comments… read them below or add one }

Mary Woodman January 4, 2010 at 3:14 pm

As take a brief break from data processing & look at these amazing photographs I am also listening to NPR and conversations about the processing of meat – beef, pork, poultry – for human consumption: About big agri-business and use of antibiotics in the raising of these animals for food. The pollution that comes from big agri-business/feeding lots/pens, huge pig lots, etc (vs. small , sustainable farms and dairys) is horrendous. The diseases that flourish in slaughter houses etc. is astonishing and the strains are bacteria is continually overcoming antibiotics.
Earth can, over hundreds of years recover from the pollution humans are producing, but can humans survive in the waste we are creating? I think not.
Why is the human spirit, uplifted by these beautiful landscapes, at the same time seemingly unable to process the concept of what we, the viewer, is doing to this beautiful planet – our home?
Support local farmers and only eat meat and produce that you can trace directly back to the live source! conserve and care this beautiful Earth!

Petrol January 8, 2010 at 7:15 am

You and your local farmers,
take your preachy sermon, and your strains OF bacteria
and **** off.

You leaf gobbling eco-worrier.

Linda January 10, 2010 at 10:52 pm

What is your problem Petrol, you having a psychotic break. You should have never come of your meds.

ohiosue January 11, 2010 at 12:50 am

Ummm–an apolitical response: these pictures are absolutely sublime. I found you via StumbleUpon and bookmarked your site immediately. Much success to you!

Dave -nibbleanibble January 11, 2010 at 2:55 am

Simply stunning! Beautiful pictures. Is there any more I(or anyone else for that matter) say anything else.

Terry Lee January 13, 2010 at 7:16 am

Truly breathtaking photography! Thank you for sharing.

vesey January 13, 2010 at 6:57 pm

these are very nice landscapes Mary and Linda, can we enjoy them without the angst…..

Brian L. Mayes January 16, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Wow! Totally amazing and breath-taking images! I’m just sitting here and wondering just how much work it is for the photographer to wait for the perfect moment and time for the pictures. Truly a work of art!

Keep up the good work and thoughtfulness as I have bookmarked this and will be visiting it often! Many, many thanks for making my day!

Kay January 17, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Fantastic work. I applaud you. I am also very jealous of the travel. How I would love to be able to travel more.

Frank January 18, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Gorgeous, stunning photographs and wonderful reminders that we do indeed, live in the garden of eden.

indiansafaries January 19, 2010 at 9:47 am

that’s very beautiful pictures ! Marvelous dude
i will be visiting here

LUIS F. GALLINA January 22, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Those pictures tell us that we have time to save the planet, are planet that we ruin day at day.

Love March 14, 2010 at 7:44 pm

This photos are ridiculously brilliant. I keep looking at them. Thanks for posting and keep posting more!!

(btw, I found this through Stumbleupon, also…it was great to see everyone refuse to continue the lame argument that someone tried to start at the beginning. I love you all for it.)

Maricela Eudy May 5, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post these online every alternate day. I am sure you have tons of poepel, just like me looking forward to your next posts. I always wonder how on earth can you create such wonderful profound information that one can pick straight off the peg and use right away. Well, I am certainly wanting to read more ofyour inputs.

Joyful May 8, 2010 at 5:24 pm

What beautiful photographs, bookmarked this site so I can return!
Thanks so much for sharing :)

Ken Maughan May 9, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Thanks for sharing your views of our lovely planet.
Another site “stumled upon” and well worth the visit. I’m in the process of buying a new camera and hope I’m lucky to take photographs as lovely and inspiring as yours.
Bless You.

ishita May 23, 2010 at 11:03 am

dese beautiful scenes r a wake up call. its time 2 save r dear earth dude. c’mmon WAKE UP SID & do ur bit

Eva Campbell July 25, 2010 at 1:59 pm

landscaping is very cool coz you got to rearrange new stuffs on your yard.’**

lionardo dc July 26, 2010 at 7:38 pm

thanx for sharing ur views i need to ur pices cos i love the nuture
lionardo

Hermitbiker July 29, 2010 at 1:55 am

…. a magnificent collection of extremely beautiful landscapes…. I would like to thank everyone involved in the making of this showcase and especially the photographer(s) who took these wonderful photographs !!

Wierzbicki July 29, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Beautiful – changing my negative mood into a positive one :)

che cebanico August 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm

gods work of art…pls save our EARTH!!!!

Bill Fenning August 20, 2010 at 11:14 am

What a refreshing pause, and a great get-a-way from the madness.

Ram Krishna Mukerji August 27, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Truly magnificent! Pl. Name the photographer, time of photograph and the place. Any way wonderful work of imagination. And of course good skill. Congratulations.

Harvey Morris September 10, 2010 at 1:54 am

it is a bit expensive to have a landscaping these days but it is always necessary to beautify your home;”~

John Bride December 30, 2010 at 1:28 am

Beautiful photos :) have a look at my favorite landscape photographer
He has some amazing photography from the Australian landscape.
Thanks

joan March 31, 2011 at 8:58 pm

nice one!

montenegro May 7, 2011 at 5:43 am

Magnificas fotos

Kryon May 25, 2011 at 11:31 am

What a beautiful photo! I can’t wait upload photo because your photos is charmed my mind.Thanks for sharing.

water removal June 14, 2011 at 3:12 pm

such beautiful work.. love what you’re doing keep it up.

Azib October 1, 2011 at 11:08 am

These are really wonderful places. I wish I will see someday.