For many, guest blogging has started to replace article marketing for link building and content marketing online. While I’m not ready to throw article marketing away yet, I do believe guest posting on other blogs in your niche can yield many benefits. Here are the top 5 reasons you need to start guest blogging today.
1. Guest blogging allows you to reach a new audience—It’s simple: Whenever you submit a guest post to another blog in your niche, you have the opportunity to reach an entirely new audience. Sure, some of the readers on this blog might also be subscribers to your blog, but chances are, the majority of this new audience hasn’t read your blog yet. This represents a huge opportunity to impress this new audience and to convince them to become readers of your blog.
2. It’s an easy way to build back links to your site—It’s a widely accepted rule of blogging etiquette. Whenever your guest post gets published, the host lets you include a brief bio (1-2 sentences) with a link back to your website. In other words, every time you make a guest post on another blog, you’re adding another back link and thus, building trust with and increasing your rankings in Google. Just make sure you’re guest posting on reputable sites so you don’t get mixed up in a bad link neighborhood.
3. You’ll build valuable connections with other bloggers—Success in the blogosphere requires networking skills. Networking comes in handy when you need to give a piece of linkbait a social media push. The larger your network, the further your message will spread. Just make sure you give back to your network as often as you receive. Help your fellow bloggers out by pushing their linkbait, linking to their best posts, and allowing them to guest post on your blog.
4. Guest blogging establishes you as an expert—There are hundreds of millions of blogs online. Because blogs allow everyone to have a voice, readers are often skeptical about if you really know what you’re talking about or not. Establishing yourself as an expert is crucial to building trust with your readers and expanding your reach online. Guest blogging helps create the perception that you’re an expert in your niche. After all, if another blogger is willing to let you post on his or her blog, they must truly value your opinion and think you have something important to say.
5. Your writing skills will get sharper—I don’t know about you, but whenever I submit a guest post to another blog, I take extra time to make sure it’s my best work. Remember, this is your one chance to impress a new audience, so you have to make the most of it. As a result, I feel guest blogging makes you a better writer. It forces you to truly think about what you’re saying and how you’re saying it. This helps you create your best work every single time.
Do you guest post on other blogs? Has it helped you grow your own blog? Share your thoughts in the replies.