Home GuidesEmployeesTraining Employees Sample Questionnaires for Training Needs Analyses

Sample Questionnaires for Training Needs Analyses

by Teramis

Earlier, we posted an article about how to conduct a training needs analysis (TNA). Many readers of that article expressed interest in sample questionnaires for an analysis of the sort described.

There is no single “one size fits all” questionnaire that can serve this purpose. Company requirements vary too widely, and any analysis of an employee base must be tailored to that specific group and the unique attributes of their work. That said, it is possible to share with our readers examples of the kinds of things that assessment instruments ask, with the understanding that these must of course be customized for the particular workplace being analyzed.

Sample Surveys

The previous article mentioned several components that may be chosen as elements of a TNA.  These approaches included observation, interviews, surveys, job description analysis, difficulty-of-task analysis, problem-solving conferences, identification of motivating personality factors, and analysis of organizational policies.

For the sake of providing a useful example in this limited space, we will focus on surveys. The reasons for this are threefold. First, no matter how a TNA is constructed, at some point it must entail direct input from the individuals who are candidates for training. Surveys accomplish this handily, and are perhaps the most frequently used tool in such analyses.

Second, a survey has arguably the broadest reach of any TNA methodology applied throughout an organization, so it is a high-value tool that offers a lot of “bang for the buck.”  Finally, once a survey is created, any interviews which are conducted can use that form as a starting point for more open-ended oral interviews. In this manner the survey does double duty, supporting more than one TNA technique.

Defining Survey Scope

Before using any sample surveys – or most critically, when creating surveys from scratch – it is important to be clear on precisely what the survey is intended to analyze. This in turn shapes what questions are invented, or what and how existing questions are customized.

The best way to achieve this is to first create a meta-list of the areas of inquiry the survey should explore. For example, let’s assume we want to assess the training needs of our customer service staff.  Even before looking at any pre-written surveys, we consider what we know of customer service operations and the nature of our business, and do a little brainstorming about topic areas to be addressed.  Perhaps we determine the employee survey should probe people’s knowledge of returns policies, their ability to deal with unsatisfied customers, and their judgment about when to escalate a problem to a higher tier of support.

Once this scope is defined, we might then expect to come up with a survey in three sections, with detailed questions in each of these subject areas.

We keep this in mind when evaluating existing surveys against our needs, or when creating questions for our own original assessment instrument. This ensures that the survey we use will be truly relevant to our requirements.

Training Needs Analysis Survey Samples

A well-done TNA survey can be lengthy. Rather than reproduce them here, the following links include a variety of examples in their entirety.  A link to a sample survey does not indicate endorsement of any associated products or services at that link.

IT Training: A Windows Office Suite self-assessment for computer users.

General Needs Assessment, Managerial and Office Skills

Common Business Needs:  Equal Opportunites, Sales, Health & Safety, more. Several samples online.

Skills Self-Assessment – portion of a larger TNA survey series.

~~~

Deborah Teramis Christian is a freelance writer and former business consultant who writes on a variety of contemporary issues.

Related Posts

308 comments

Roopa August 3, 2010 - 8:12 am

please send me questionnaire on training and development

Roh_5627 August 5, 2010 - 4:41 am

meee too needed some questionnaries on training and development

Chaurasia_shambhu August 8, 2010 - 12:23 pm

hi sandeep please send me questionnaire for training and development. my no.9442452449

Chaurasia_shambhu August 8, 2010 - 12:28 pm

hi mitali i think i know you, if you study in central academy year 2003-2005 batch in gorakhpur (u.p)

Roy Biswojit Kumar September 6, 2010 - 8:36 am

Please send me a sample of TNA for staff and farmers for the project of soil management and food security project

Preeti prabhakar September 7, 2010 - 4:06 am

hi ds is preeti doing mba .plz send me the questionnaire of t$d as soon as possible. my email address is preet.pandit86@gmail.com. i shall b highly thankful to u 4 ds kind obligation. tc

Nadeshafonseka September 10, 2010 - 2:50 am

please send me a questionnaire about best HR practices

Esha September 14, 2010 - 9:33 am

I AM DOING BBA(HONS).PLEASE SENT ME QUESTIONNARIE ON TRANING AND DEVELOPMENT

Mike Morrison September 16, 2010 - 2:52 pm

An important point about no “one size fits all” with TNA’s. It needs to be customised for the company, role and to some extent the level of experience.
Along with your excelent example the Team at RapidBI have several TNA templates published on our blog which people are welcome to take and use:

We have over 10 listed – here are links to the most popular ones:

Jo September 18, 2010 - 2:10 am

thanks for this page.. please provide a sample of TNA Questionnaire for academic supervision
tnx
jo

Vik_audit September 21, 2010 - 4:32 pm

dear all, can you please do needful to send me some questionaires for training need analysis. same is needed for me for my bsc courses. thanks.. vik_audit@yahoo.com

Jia_clint403 September 22, 2010 - 11:31 am

please send me questionnaire on assessment methods used by the teacher and the school facilities

shenshen September 23, 2010 - 7:42 pm

please sent me questionnaire on computer and classroom based training. TQ

Nasser Munyagwa September 24, 2010 - 6:30 am

I need a copy of a TNA Questionnare and any other possible advise for designing an effective Training and development programme. Ma email is munassert@yahoo.com

Wegu October 9, 2010 - 4:27 pm

pls send a questionnaire to measure” effectiveness in management”

Coolsameer3 October 10, 2010 - 10:10 am

please send me a employee management relation questionnaire pls..

asha October 18, 2010 - 11:29 am

Very nice. Can u pl send questions regarding TNA for 1st year engineering students to decide on what type of training can be imparted to karthik.asha@gmail.com

Dejonge2009 October 25, 2010 - 1:38 pm

please send me a QUESTIONAIRE ON PUBLIC PROCUREMENT TRAINING NEEDS

Rightyl1 November 8, 2010 - 6:53 pm

please send me a questionaire on leadership style and the staff motivation

Hamed Mahsefat November 13, 2010 - 6:32 am

hi , dear all, would you do me a favor and send me a questionnaire about the role of internet news in vocabulary learning

ananth rosario.m November 20, 2010 - 12:36 pm

pLEASE SENT ME QUESTIONNARIE ON TRANING AND DEVELOPMENT

Jimmy Lalnunmawia November 24, 2010 - 7:12 am

please help me, i badly need a sample for Training need Analysis-cum-Survey on Situation of Rural Development Program. Can you help me?.
Jimmy

Joethecrazyguy December 2, 2010 - 2:03 pm

pls send me a questionnaire for self help groups….???? pls guide me to do my project my e-mail address is joethecrazyguy@gmail.com

Amber December 12, 2010 - 8:43 am

please send me questionnaire on “THE IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON TEACHERS PERCEIVED PERFORMANCE”.

Prathapbv951987 December 12, 2010 - 6:55 pm

hi friends i doing my MBA finaly year, i need project for training need assessment can any one help me in this

Chandra Bose December 14, 2010 - 10:34 am

The Survey Scope very informative..thanks for the informative post! keep it up

Education Questionnaire

Chaithanyacool December 23, 2010 - 8:32 am

plz send me a questionaire on training

Narmadha December 28, 2010 - 4:46 am

please sent me project survey questionnarie on hiring policities.

Narmadha December 28, 2010 - 4:48 am

please sent me project survey questionnarie on hiring policies

nandu December 31, 2010 - 9:39 am

pls send the traning and development questioners
mail: nandakishore3@gmail.com

Moeenshah13 January 2, 2011 - 5:13 am

HI,
Please send me training and development Questionnaire.
and some relevant data that how i can conduct an IT training in any organization.
moeenshah13@yahoo.com
I’ll be thankful to YOU.

MPLL January 5, 2011 - 2:50 am

hi! can you please send me a copy of the real TNA questionnaire so I can compare it with what I have now. my email add is: menchiel_2000@yahoo.com.
thanks.

vineet January 8, 2011 - 2:26 pm

plz send me questionnaire on training needs of workers working in an organisation my mail id is: er.vineet.edwardian@gmail.com

Nomanawan91 January 9, 2011 - 8:01 am

plz send me traning questioners
email nomanawan91@yahoo.com

Begumm January 11, 2011 - 9:38 am

Hi everyone, I currently am working in HR for a large housing company. I am evaluating the training that the employees receive and considering whether it is effective. In order to do this I have decided to create pre and post questionnaires to identify what areas can be improved or what training is no longer required. I would be very grateful if you have any ideas or sample questionnaires, please send them to begumm@bcha.co.uk. Once I have finished collating the information I will be happy to share what I have done to anyone who may be interested.

Sheila Mae January 18, 2011 - 2:27 am

PLEASE send me a PRODUCT DISTRIBUTION AND MARKETING PERFOMANCES questionnaire. RATING SCALE QUESTIONNAIRE ONLY … THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Hoping for your favorable response as soon as possible.. tnx (smhv1211@yahoo.com

Baarbs92 January 18, 2011 - 9:56 am

the need for a questionnaire on needs assessment of customers in water business

Amirabbas971 January 18, 2011 - 5:02 pm

plz send me tna questionnaire

Sheethal Babu January 19, 2011 - 10:44 am

can u sent me the questionnaire on training need analysis
sheethal.babu@gmail.com

VALSAN January 20, 2011 - 9:03 am

Sir
Kindly sent me a sample training need assessment questionnaire

Mpnyondo1 January 20, 2011 - 2:32 pm

pls send me a sample questionaire on the relevance of education and training in the hospitality industry

Nandini Nnandini.nandu88 January 24, 2011 - 8:08 am

can u pls help me to prepare questionnaire for ma topic effectiveness of training.if u hav ready made can u pls mail me to nandini.nandu88@gmail.com

Fazlina January 26, 2011 - 7:48 am

hello,
I’m a final student of UITM, so i’m required to conduct a research, so
Could you send me the questionnaire of training design and job performance?

Baby291814 February 8, 2011 - 3:23 pm

Please send me Questionnaire on Effectiveness of training

dishakohli February 16, 2011 - 7:42 am

plzz send me questionaire on leadership…which is simple nd easy 2 understand……
plzz send as early as possible…..urgently need ths….

prema February 21, 2011 - 4:45 pm

HAI i m management students, my speciliast in HR. i am doing my project on EFFECTIVENESS OF TRAINING . PLS SEND QUESTIONEER. TRAINING provided the employee and management level. pls send me waiting fr ur reply.

prema February 21, 2011 - 4:46 pm

pls waiting for ur rply

S.Sathieshkumar February 22, 2011 - 6:29 pm

it is very much usefull for me

Nayume_0628 February 23, 2011 - 6:22 am

kindly send me a sample question for a training?

richa March 3, 2011 - 4:47 pm

i need questionnaire on relationship between training and a firms performance

baby March 8, 2011 - 1:08 pm

hi,, this is baby now i’m doing my final year MBA project.. i need questionnaire on effectiveness of training. my email id is baby291814@gmail.com

Webbie007 March 13, 2011 - 4:56 pm

Hi, I just wanted to thank the author for providing an excellent example of a TNA survey. I really wish everyone else would just be grateful for the example and stop begging the author and DirJournal to do their work for them.

sovan das March 16, 2011 - 11:07 am

PLEASE SENT ME QUESTIONNARIE ON TRANING AND DEVELOPMENT MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS sovand6@gmail.com

Grishmamanek March 18, 2011 - 5:26 am

please send me questionnaire…

Silversureshp March 19, 2011 - 2:33 pm

PLEASE SENT ME QUESTIONNARIE ON TRANING AND DEVELOPMENT

gurpreet March 20, 2011 - 7:20 am

plzee cn u send me questionnarie on ANALYSIS OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT PRACTICES BEING CARRIED IN IDBI BANK AND ITS IMPACT ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE
at angel_bazpur@yahoo.co.in
i ll be really thank full

Nisu_yusuf2000 March 21, 2011 - 1:37 pm

pls send me questionnaire about training identifiction and effectiveness

Anirban Das. March 31, 2011 - 2:10 pm

hi, my self Anirban i am doing rural management , i have request that please sent me quectionnaire on training programme (STEP). my email id- anirbanmrmd@gmail.com thank you.

louie April 2, 2011 - 5:11 am

dear author i need help with my assignment regarding training design with complete detail any livelihood training will do….Thanks and God Bless….my email is dictadreadliszt@yahoo.com..Godspeed

Dictadreadliszt April 2, 2011 - 5:13 am

please sent me any livelihood program training design for my assignment…Anyone could help…Thank you and Godspeed

Rashith April 4, 2011 - 4:42 pm

hi tis s rashith…I need questionnarie on training and development if you can send to my mail id rasith184@gmail.com

Pmtan11 April 8, 2011 - 10:55 am

hi everyone
i looking out for questinnaire for security services effectiveness. anyone has a used questinnaire that i can use for my report writting, thx

mei

Milton2tsoke April 10, 2011 - 6:28 pm

im want to start a research on training need of crop farmer so i dont no where to start

Urspaddu31 April 26, 2011 - 1:20 am

hi i need a questionnarie on t&d

Navaranjani R May 2, 2011 - 8:05 am

Plz send me TNA Questionnaire

Mlarahman67 May 12, 2011 - 1:17 am

i want a sample questionare on training need assesment of districts education managers.Please send and oblidge

premalatha gayathri May 18, 2011 - 7:53 am

pls send  me a questionnaire on training needs assessment for supervisory levels at organisation

Kashifalituri June 9, 2011 - 5:51 pm

helo. I m kashif Ali Turi and doing MBA. I need a Training Needs Assessment questionnaires. So please end it to me.

Sri June 16, 2011 - 4:59 pm

i need a questionnaire for employee training topic

Ananthakumar June 18, 2011 - 7:40 am

i want model questionnaire on employees training and development . so  please you will sent it .

Swatipatil888 June 26, 2011 - 7:51 am

i want the quastionair of trainning need serve related to hospital employees

Swatipatil888 June 26, 2011 - 7:57 am

hi i want quastionair on trainning need serve of hospital  employees

Trussti mistry June 30, 2011 - 9:45 am

i need questionair for effectiveness of treaning  for doing  survey  in n org.

Negi Narendra7 July 17, 2011 - 1:48 pm

hello plz send me questionnaire on tranning need analysis

Nmatsiliza July 19, 2011 - 9:11 am

can you please send me a training needs questionnaire for Public Administrators

Apikali July 20, 2011 - 3:24 am

hi i would like ideas &  questionnaires on training needs survey and analysis

Chaniah4 July 20, 2011 - 9:42 am

hi i want questionnaire of training among employees

Sahebrao Kshirsagar July 21, 2011 - 11:51 am

Hi I want a sample questionnaire on Training Need Assessment of the Officials below rank of Rangers working in the forest department of Maharashtra including Joint Forest Management Committees
Please send on following e-mail
sahebrao.kshirsagar@gmail.com

karnesh July 23, 2011 - 9:10 am

Plz send me Questionnaire on Training And Development

this my ID:- karnesh24@yahoo.com

Karnesh Kumar July 23, 2011 - 9:12 am

Plz send me Questionnaire on Training And Development

this my ID:- karnesh24@yahoo.com

Karnesh Kumar July 23, 2011 - 9:13 am

Earlier, we posted an article
about how to conduct a training needs analysis (TNA). Many readers of
that article expressed interest in sample questionnaires for an analysis
of the sort described.

There is no single “one size fits all” questionnaire that can serve
this purpose. Company requirements vary too widely, and any analysis of
an employee base must be tailored to that specific group and the unique
attributes of their work. That said, it is possible to share with our
readers examples of the kinds of things that assessment instruments ask,
with the understanding that these must of course be customized for the
particular workplace being analyzed.

Sample Surveys

The previous article mentioned several components that may be chosen
as elements of a TNA.  These approaches included observation,
interviews, surveys, job description analysis, difficulty-of-task
analysis, problem-solving conferences, identification of motivating
personality factors, and analysis of organizational policies.

For the sake of providing a useful example in this limited space, we
will focus on surveys. The reasons for this are threefold. First, no
matter how a TNA is constructed, at some point it must entail direct
input from the individuals who are candidates for training. Surveys
accomplish this handily, and are perhaps the most frequently used tool
in such analyses.

Second, a survey has arguably the broadest reach of any TNA
methodology applied throughout an organization, so it is a high-value
tool that offers a lot of “bang for the buck.”  Finally, once a survey
is created, any interviews which are conducted can use that form as a
starting point for more open-ended oral interviews. In this manner the
survey does double duty, supporting more than one TNA technique.

Defining Survey Scope

Before using any sample surveys – or most critically, when creating
surveys from scratch – it is important to be clear on precisely what the
survey is intended to analyze. This in turn shapes what questions are
invented, or what and how existing questions are customized.

The best way to achieve this is to first create a meta-list of the
areas of inquiry the survey should explore. For example, let’s assume we
want to assess the training needs of our customer service staff.  Even
before looking at any pre-written surveys, we consider what we know of
customer service operations and the nature of our business, and do a
little brainstorming about topic areas to be addressed.  Perhaps we
determine the employee survey should probe people’s knowledge of returns
policies, their ability to deal with unsatisfied customers, and their
judgment about when to escalate a problem to a higher tier of support.

Once this scope is defined, we might then expect to come up with a
survey in three sections, with detailed questions in each of these
subject areas.

We keep this in mind when evaluating existing surveys against our
needs, or when creating questions for our own original assessment
instrument. This ensures that the survey we use will be truly relevant
to our requirements.

Training Needs Analysis Survey Samples

A well-done TNA survey can be lengthy. Rather than reproduce them
here, the following links include a variety of examples in their
entirety.  A link to a sample survey does not indicate endorsement of
any associated products or services at that link.

IT Training: A Windows Office Suite self-assessment for computer users.

General Needs Assessment, Managerial and Office Skills

Skills Self-Assessment – portion of a larger TNA survey series

Nirmala24jun July 27, 2011 - 8:59 pm

pls send me a questionnaire on  training effectiveness.

Jem Ochea August 10, 2011 - 6:32 am

hello i’m jem. sir/madam kindly  send me pre – training  questionnaire. thanks. God bless

james August 16, 2011 - 3:10 am

can you please send me a questionnaire on assesement of dairy farming for a farmer.it will be very kind of you to help me out.thanks a ton.

Daniel owusu August 16, 2011 - 9:22 am

pls send me a questionnaire on teaching techniques of ict

Sajed Hossain August 19, 2011 - 2:09 pm

please send me a questionnaire on training need analysis of non-management staffs in a manufacturing company.

mojib August 20, 2011 - 5:42 am

please sen me a assignment -topic-impact of training and development of employee

rona gomez August 23, 2011 - 1:34 am

can u pls. give me a question about task analysis and organization analysis under marketing division?.. thank u

rona gomez August 23, 2011 - 1:35 am

pls. send me 10 question each about task analysis and organization analysis under marketing division?.. thank u

eunice zimba August 26, 2011 - 3:32 am

please help with a sample questionaire on training of employees

1 2 3

Comments are closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're okay with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More