LinkedIn is more important than any other social network bar none. This is true no matter what your goals online are because who you know – and who knows about you – are the keys to your success.
It does not matter whether you are looking for more customers, a new career, consulting work, or to increase visibility in your chosen field – LinkedIn is the very best place to accomplish all these goals and more.
This post contains links to valuable tips for optimizing your use of LinkedIn.
Save it somewhere safe so you can refer to it whenever you need it.
Check out the sections below to find just the information you need and see what else you can add in the future. As LinkedIn announces new features, this post will be updated with the latest strategies.
LINKEDIN FOR LEAD GENERATION
- LinkedIn Lead Generation System ~ How to Grow Your Income using LinkedIn Groups ~ includes scripts to use when reaching out to new contacts.
- How to use LinkedIn’s “Follow Company” for your Business
Here are some links to help you optimize your LinkedIn profile and increase your chances of getting hired and meeting people who can further your career:
- Getting Started on LinkedIn
- Claim a LinkedIn Vanity Profile URL (Shorter and easier to remember and share.)
- 8 Tips: How To Choose the Right Profile Photo
- Optimizing Your LinkedIn Profile
- How to: Keep Your LinkedIn Profile Visible to Everyone
- LinkedIn Lets You Show Off Your Best Assets
- Advanced LinkedIn Optimization
- Important Social Networks
- Official LinkedIn Training Resources
- Official LinkedIn How-to for Students
- LinkedIn for College Students: Begin Your Networking Early!
- Young Professionals: Getting Started with LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Networking: 3 Ways to Find Great People to Connect With & Meet on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn for Small Businesses and Non-profits
- Profile Editing on LinkedIn Mobile [VIDEO]
REMEMBER: LinkedIn is what you want potential EMPLOYERS to see so act
professionally, use conservative photos, and do not use profanity or discuss
anything inappropriate for what used to be known as “polite” company.
There are two major ways to find a job: get recommended or go visit the businesses you want to hire you. Using LinkedIn to make sure those who are looking will find you and to meet those in a position to let you know about opportunities and recommend you is much easier unless you only want to work for a handful of local businesses you can visit in person. Read How to Get Recommended.
LINKEDIN OPTIMIZATION EXPERTS:
Using LinkedIn is so important that if you can’t figure it out or haven’t made the time to create your profile and optimize it you need to hire expert assistance. These are the LinkedIn consultants we most recommend:
- Irene Koehler ~ @IreneKoehler ~ LinkedIn Profile Optimization Expert
- Andy Nathan ~ @AndyNathan ~ Social Media Expert and Lead Generation Consultant.
LINKEDIN IS WHERE EMPLOYERS ARE LOOKING FOR EMPLOYEES
If you have experience or training, creating a profile on LinkedIn.com can greatly enhance your chances of getting hired.
93% of Job Recruiters Use LinkedIn to find prospects
(according to 2012 survey by Jobvite)
“The number one reason networking is so important and effective is that the vast majority of jobs are never advertised — thus, the only way a job-seeker can find out about these jobs is through word-of-mouth.” Finding the hidden job market.
[NOTE: Many positions that ARE advertised are already filled. Companies are often required to advertise even if they already know who they plan to hire.] You MUST network to know about almost all jobs!
Know of a great LinkedIn resources or talented expert we haven’t included here?
Tell us in the comments!