Today’s consumer is smarter than ever before. With the mercurial nature of this economy, everyone is on the lookout for the best deals around. Thankfully, there are several websites that make it easy to get a bargain. With these 9 website for bargain hunters, you can feel confident that you’re getting the best deal with just a few short minutes of shopping.
- FatWallet—The website for savvy consumers, FatWallet.com helps you find all of the latest deals and coupons from thousands of different retailers. You can often find leaked ads for sales that haven’t even been published yet. This really comes in handy when you’re trying to prepare for grabbing up the best Black Friday deals before everyone else.
- Woot—The concept of Woot is simple: One great deal each day. These deals are typically for electronics, but there are other Woot websites where you can find daily deals on wine, T-shirts, and other products.
- Slickdeals—Slickdeals.net is a community-driven website that publishes all of the latest deals from hundreds of different retailers. From promo codes to price comparisons, the Slickdeals website has everything you need to save big bucks on your next purchase.
- DealCatcher—The DealCatcher community is committed to helping you find the best deals so you can make well-informed purchases. With updates all throughout the day, you can find coupons, sales alerts, product reviews, and rebates at DealCatcher.com.
- AntiRebate—If you’re like me, you hate the hassle of mail-in rebates. When you’re looking to get instant savings, check out AntiRebate.com. You’ll find coupons, instant rebates, deal alerts, and more all designed to help you find the best bargains without the hassle or problems that come with mail-in rebates. The website features a simple layout, and it’s easy to use.
- Overstock—The leader and most well-recognized bargain website, Overstock.com offers great savings by selling brand-name products at discount products. The website is able to provide these great deals because they sell excess inventory from other retailers. It’s kind of like the online version of Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx.
- CurrentCodes—Many online retail websites offer the option of entering a discount code in the shopping cart during checkout. CurrentCodes.com is your one-stop shop for all the latest coupon codes from retailers such as Barnes & Noble, 1-800-FLOWERS, American Eagle, Staples, and more. Always check this website before making your purchase online.
- Shnoop—Okay, so Shnoop is basically a Woot knockoff, but it still usually publishes a worthwhile deal each day. I recommend subscribing to the RSS feed so that you’re alerted of each day’s new deal as these offers are obviously time sensitive.
- Dealitem—At Dealitem.com, new coupons and deals are added to the website each hour. Dealitem.com makes it easy to search for the best deals and to compare prices. You can also submit deals and coupon codes that you’ve come across.
Tips for success:
- Subscribe to the RSS feeds of these websites to get the latest alerts as many deals expire quickly
- If you know what you’re looking for, use the search feature and price comparison features to save time on finding the best deal
- Pay attention to the details of the deals as sometimes the products are refurbished
Are there any great deal-finding websites you would add to this list? Leave a comment with your favorites.