Does it drive you crazy to try to compare prices of anything you want to buy? Now here are a few cool tools and resources that will do this for you – no matter where you live.
Compare the Cost of Living:
CNNMoney has just released a new tool allowing to compare prices in two cities and define the new cost of living in another city.
- Enter your current salary;
- Choose your current location (state and the city);
- Select the destination (the place where you are moving to or traveling).
Compare Local Gas Prices
GasBuddy.com is USA national gas temperature map (there’s also the Canadian version) which allows you to see what gas prices are around the country at a glance. Areas are color coded according to their price for the average price for regular unleaded gasoline:
- Click and drag to move the map around (or use arrow keys) ;
- Double-click to center the map on your mouse pointer and zoom in.
- Right click on a county or zip to retrieve its average gas price.
- Roll the mouse wheel upwards to zoom in one level, and downwards to zoom out one level (or use + and – keys).
- Generate and email any location URL to a friend to show them the exact same spot on the map you were looking at before clicking the Link to Map button.
- Use the search box to search by city, state or zip.
Find Most Affordable Cities
Ten Most Affordable Cities:
- Indianapolis-Carmel, IN
- Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills, MI
- Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA
- Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn, MI
- Grand Rapids-Wyoming, MI
- Syracuse, NY
- Dayton, OH
- Akron, OH
- Cleveland-Elyria-Mentor, OH
- Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, PA
Local Prices Directory
SalesCircular is a great place to find local prices and deals. Just click-through various states and then browse the necessary categories.
ShopLocal is another huge local pricing directory allowing to browse through local deals:
- See the index of top cities;
- Search by city or zip code.